Bamboo was used in Asia to produce paper, weapons, and other household items. The usage of bamboo was not commercialized until the early 2000s, but the concept of using bamboo as a fabric is certainly not something new. Bamboo has been experimented with for different usage and application for almost a hundred years now.
A Brief History
The earliest record of patents concerning bamboo was prepared by Philipp Lichtenstadt in 1864. It was his idea to produce bamboo and integrate it in such a way to produce clothes, mats, and paper. However, his idea was soon lost due to high costs of the process.
In 2001, bamboo was materialized into cloth for the first time by Beijing University. The production process used the latest solvents to dissolve the bamboo pulp and then the fiber was dyed to create a white fabric.
Bamboo Fabric Today
Since 2004, the manufacturing of bamboo fabric has grown at an exceptional rate. Thanks to the latest technology, manufacturers are able to produce quality bamboo fabric at affordable rates. It's more than just a basic piece of cloth, with qualities like softness, antimicrobial and moisture-wicking properties, durability, etc.
Moreover, the demand for greener and sustainable products is also a major factor that contributes to the popularity of bamboo fabric.
Reasons to Choose Bamboo Fabric
- Bamboo fabric is extremely soft (almost like silk)
- Bamboo fabric is a clean and green alternative to cotton
- Bamboo fabric is highly breathable thanks to the micro gaps in the fiber
- Bamboo fabric is hypoallergenic as the round and smooth bamboo fibers minimize friction with the skin
- Bamboo fabric is antimicrobial as it contains an organic bio-agent known as “Bamboo Kun”, which enables the bamboo plant to grow without any fertilizers or pesticides
- Bamboo fabric is a lot cooler than cotton (almost 3 degrees) and is also temperature regulating
Browse Our Collection of Luxurious Bamboo Products
When it comes to bamboo products, there’s no better option than Prosper Heights. We are an online bamboo product store located in Texas but we deliver all across the country. Made of organic bamboo, our sheets are very comfortable and provide a cooling effect as you settle into bed.
All our products are Oekotex certified to ensure authenticity and customer satisfaction. Moreover, we offer exclusive discounts and deals every time customers shop from our online store.
All you need to do is subscribe to our newsletter and get a $15 discount on your first purchase. Reach out to us for any queries or visit our website to learn more about our offerings.